Sunday, June 26, 2016

Vernon County: Part of My Big Backyard

JACK TRUMAN FOR CONGRESS
Missouri 4th Congressional District


Let's talk a little bit about Vernon County.

I think it's important to bring something back to my home state here in Missouri. Where I grew up. Was raised. Went to school. Own property. And call home.

There's a lot to share about Vernon County in Missouri. This is one of 26 counties in the 4th Congressional District of Missouri that I'm running for U.S. Congress in 2016.

You can't get much more rural and down home than in Vernon County. The total population here in Vernon County is just over 21,000 people So it's very rural. Very small town and down home living. Good values. Good morals. Very down home.

Vernon County is a great reflection of my campaign for Congress. Being small, rural and to your roots gives you the greater chance to speak your voice, sing your song and let people know about you. Being the underdog forces you to be self made. To have the discipline to be independent to make your destiny.

Vernon County is in the west central part of the state of Missouri.  In the heart of the Ozarks. Right next door to my hometown area. In fact, it's so close I consider it a part of my big backyard. And it's a very rural area, made up of  14 small towns. From where I live in Lamar, drive north on old Highway 71 a few miles. Once you hit Sheldon, you're in the county. Very rural, and down home community.

In fact, being so close to Vernon County, I do a lot there. Do shopping in Nevada. My Mother was born in Sheldon. I'm regularly in Vernon County. Being a local resident, as a candidate, I'm a good reflection of being for the rural communities, farmers and the little man and woman. This is home.

A little bit about Vernon county:

Vernon County in Missouri started back in 1855.

There's quite a bit of history between Vernon County and the Civil War.

The largest town in Vernon County is Nevada. But there's a total of 14 small towns and communities that make up Vernon County in Missouri:

Bronaugh
Deerfield
Harwood
Horton
Metz
Milo
Montevallo
Moundville
Nevada
Richards
Schell City
Sheldon
Stotesbury
Walker

I live in Barton County. Barton County in Missouri is just south over the county line next door to Vernon County. Very rural area.

A lot of issues that need to be addressed relate more than ever to small town rural America. And Vernon County is no exception.

Taking care of our Farmers. Veterans. Senior Citizens. Children. Education. Health. Equality. The Second Amendment. Drug reform. Prisons, jails and the Criminal Justice system. Small business. The Homeless. Making our country great again. Taking care of our own here domestically, and focusing on the little man and woman. The rural communities are our roots. Where everything got started. There's no discipline anyone. This culture doesn't follow rules. It's time to get back to some basic hometown values and traditions.

I've worked all kinds of jobs from coast to coast.

Got to know all kinds of cultures over my life. From New York to California. Dallas to Chicago. Florida to Utah. All my life. From my childhood to present day.

I have a lifetime of experiences: from education, business, military, public speaking, rural and metropolitan, to creative and innovative experience.

In a nutshell, I've lived a life less traveled. And want to share my lifetime of experiences to make our country a better place. For everyone.

It's time for a radical change. It's time for outsiders who represent the little man and woman to be a part of our government. It's time to shake things up in Washington. It's time for a political revolution.

My name is Jack Truman. And I'm running for U.S. Congress in Missouri's 4th Congressional District.
 


JACK TRUMAN FOR CONGRESS
Missouri 4th Congressional District

No comments:

Post a Comment