Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Cedar County: El Dorado, Stockton and Jerico Springs

JACK TRUMAN FOR U.S. CONGRESS
Missouri 4th Congressional District



Let's talk a little bit about Cedar County.

I think it's important to bring something back to my home state here in Missouri. Where I grew up. Was raised. Went to school. Own property. And call home.

There's a lot to share about Cedar County in Missouri. This is one of 26 counties in the 4th Congressional District of Missouri that I'm running for U.S. Congress in 2016.

You can't get much more rural and down home than in Cedar County. The total population here in Cedar County is around 14,000 people. So it's very rural. Very small town and down home living. It's one of the smallest populated counties in my 4th District. Good morals. Good values. Good small town living.

Cedar County is in what I'd call the Southwestern part of the state of Missouri. In fact, I consider it my backyard from where I live. Weekly, I commute through Cedar county for shopping, business and checking out my other property. From where I live in Lamar, from C Highway, you can go east to Jerico Springs a few miles down the road, or take some back roads and be in El Dorado Springs or Stockton in about 25 miles.

Cedar County has a lot of memories for me and roots as well. When I was in high school, and my family had our second hand store, the first auction we ever went to was in El Dorado Springs. The property I own and reside, I bought 30 years ago from someone in Jerico Springs. Great roots.

A little bit about Cedar county:


Cedar County in Missouri started back in 1845.

The county was named after Cedar Creek.

El Dorado Springs is the largest town in Cedar County. But Stockton is close to El Dorado's population. Also included is Jerico Springs, Caplinger Mills and Umber View Heights.

A lot of issues that need to be addressed relate more than ever to small town rural America. And Cedar County is no exception.

Taking care of our Farmers. Veterans. Senior Citizens. Children. Education. Health. Equality. The Second Amendment. Making our country great again. Taking care of our own here domestically, and focusing on the little man and woman. The rural communities are our roots. Where everything got started. There's no discipline anyone. This culture doesn't follow rules. It's time to get back to some basic hometown values and traditions.

It's time for a radical change. It's time for outsiders who represent the little man and woman to be a part of our government. It's time to shake things up in Washington. It's time for a political revolution.

My name is Jack Truman. And I'm running for U.S. Congress in Missouri's 4th Congressional District.

No comments:

Post a Comment