Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Cole County: Jefferson City, Small Towns, Education and Prisons

JACK TRUMAN FOR U.S. CONGRESS
Missouri 4th Congressional District



Let's talk a little bit about Cole County.

I think it's important to bring something back to my home state here in Missouri. Where I grew up. Was raised. Went to school. Own property. And call home.

There's a lot to share about Cole County in Missouri. This is one of 26 counties in the 4th Congressional District of Missouri that I'm running for U.S. Congress in 2016.

You can't get much more rural and down home than in Cole County. The total population here in Cole County is around 76,000 people. So it's very rural. Very small town and down home living. Good values. Good morals. Very down home.

Cole County is right smack dab in the center of the state of Missouri. It's about 150 miles northeast from home. A nice drive. In fact, when I filed to run for Congress in March, I had to file in person at the Secretary of State's election office in Jefferson City. From where I live in Lamar, you get on Highway 54 and drive about 130 miles northeast. Very nice drive, and nice small towns to go through on 54 in the District.

A little bit about Cole county:

Cole County in Missouri started back in 1820.

Jefferson City is the largest city in Cole County. It's also the state capital of Missouri. Along with Jeff City, there's 5 towns, 2 villages and 6 unicorporated communities. So when I'm elected to Congress in November, the state's capital will be a part of my Congressional District. That'll be nice.

Jeff City also is home to a state prison. The Missouri Department of Corrections operates the Jeff City Correctional Center. It replaced the Missouri State Penitentiary.

Education is big in Cole County. There's lots of public and private schools. Cole County also has Lincoln University, a black university in Jefferson City.

Here's a list of the towns, villages and communities that make up Cole County:

Jefferson City
Centertown
St. Martins
Wardsville
Taos
Russellville
Lohman
St. Thomas
Elston
Eugene
Henley
Marion
Osage Bluff
Osage City

A lot of issues that need to be addressed relate more than ever to small town rural America. And Cole County is no exception.

Taking care of our Farmers. Veterans. Senior Citizens. Children. Education. Health. Equality. The Second Amendment. Drug reform. Prisons, jails and the Criminal Justice system. Making our country great again. Taking care of our own here domestically, and focusing on the little man and woman. The rural communities are our roots. Where everything got started. There's no discipline anyone. This culture doesn't follow rules. It's time to get back to some basic hometown values and traditions.

I've worked all kinds of jobs from coast to coast.

Got to know all kinds of cultures over my life. From New York to California. Dallas to Chicago. Florida to Utah. All my life. From my childhood to present day.

I have a lifetime of experiences: from education, business, military, public speaking, rural and metropolitan, to creative and innovative experience.

In a nutshell, I've lived a life less traveled. And want to share my lifetime of experiences to make our country a better place. For everyone.

It's time for a radical change. It's time for outsiders who represent the little man and woman to be a part of our government. It's time to shake things up in Washington. It's time for a political revolution.

My name is Jack Truman. And I'm running for U.S. Congress in Missouri's 4th Congressional District.




No comments:

Post a Comment